Kajira Djoumahna's BlackSheep BellyDance
Format for American Tribal Style BellyDance, Level Two, Volume One
Complete How to Tribal Belly Dance
Any moves or combos with specific cymbal patterns are taught with those patterns. It is assumed you know your basic patterns already and can't wait for more!
* All steps and combos are taught with their cues, so you can learn to lead and follow.
* Everything is in the same order as any of my L2 Certified Teachers and I would teach it personally. This order has been fine-tuned for about 15 years, for a reason: it makes it easier and faster to learn this way, which is always more fun, too!
Brief Review of the Class Prayer/Pranam, or Centering Exercise
* Horizontal Figure 8s
* Black Widow: in place, while turning with any number of dancers in a circle, and our famous duet pass-by!
* Down, Down, Up, Up: ¼ turns both directions and with optional ¾ shimmy overlay
* FCBD Camel
* Dawn's Camel Variation
* Old-Style Camel Walk, with optional ¼ turns
* Najla's Camel Walk Variation, with optional ¼ turns
* One, One and Rock Rose Variation, both directions with diagonal ½ turns
* Arabic with a Twist, a.k.a. Arabic 3 (brief review). In place and with ½ turns, both sides.
* How to do ¾ Shimmy Overlays on Turkish and Arabic steps and the info needed for layering over any other moves you desire!
* Axl Rose, or Side-to-Side Undulations
Slow and Fast Transition Practice sections, using the moves you've just learned so you can see at least one way they can be put together, as well as to help you integrate them into your muscle memory. As soon as you feel ready, try incorporating steps from my 3 previous DVDs for lots of variation in your presentations. The ultimate goal in ATS, besides sharing your joy with the world, is to never repeat the same dance twice, even with the same dancers and same music.
The Arabic Grandmother, with a cue that gives you a lovely, more intricate variation to use with the Slow Arabic Walk from your IAMED series.
* BSBD Corkscrew Turn, both directions
* Basic Egyptian, this time with our "cut-it-in-half" ¼ turn and our crowd-pleasing Bud-n-Flower variation!
* Traditional ATS ¾ Shoulder Shimmies, counted for you so you can understand why they're called "¾" and how they differ so much from any other shoulder shimmy or shoulder thrust out there. Includes 2 optional hip drop combinations, for orientation in either direction.
* 3-3-7 and Fiona's Variation, both hips, with pivots both forward and back.
* Dawn's Variation for Body Waves
* Spanish Walk
* Mo' Rockin' Hip Hops with 3 previously unreleased variations
* Crescent Moon, with diagonal ½ turns to both directions
* Wheel of Life Turn
* Reach-n-Sit, both hips with pivots to either direction
* Arabic with Arm Swoops
* Turkish with Arm Swoops
* Two more Transition Practice Sections now, using the moves just taught
* Closing Pranam
* Fully costumed performances by BlackSheep BellyDance!
American Tribal Style Belly Dance Video in DVD format. All Region DVD.