How to Be a Belly Dance Star DVD Set
Technique alone is not enough to make for an exciting performance. A dancer is an entertainer, and must engage her audience and keep them interested. So if you are ready to take your dance to the professional level, or just want some great pointers from masters of the stage, pick up this outstanding set and learn the fundamentals of finesse!
Star Power with Amaya
Stage presence is more than a big smile ~ it's that magical something that won't let you take your eyes off a dancer and is the difference between a good dancer and a Star!
On this DVD, Amaya shares her Star Power secrets. She explains what gives a dancer an exciting presence, demonstrating the difference between blah and pizzazz! She'll show you techniques to add energy and interest to your dance, including:
* Dancing Within the Music ~ Interpret the music using tempo, Catching & Holding the Moment, and the Dream Sequence to create interest
* The Four Focus Points ~ Use different focus points to change your energy and add dimension to your dancing.
* The Psychology of the Sacred Stage ~ Claim the stage as your own and use the emotional power of the different areas your performing space.
* The Energy Antennae ~ Use poses and every part of your body to add energy to your dance and the Performance Energy Graph.
* The Importance of Entrances and Exits ~ Make a great first impression and leave a great lasting impression.
* Your Body as Musical Instrument ~ Drills to help you interpret the music.
* and... Your Diva Best!
Whether you choreograph or improvise, whether your style is Egyptian, Tribal, Cabaret, or Fusion, Amaya will help you develop your own Star Power!
Plus you get a Star Power performance by Amaya!
Stage Dynamics with Katia
To go beyond merely moving well, and begin creating shows that really grab the audience's attention! A belly dancer must study more than dance technique. She must also become a skilled choreographer who employs strategies for powerful presentation.
In the world of oriental dance, the tools of the choreographer tend to be presented less clearly and less often than those of the dancer, yet these skills can enrich the dance experience for both the improvisional and the choreographed dancer. As a performer, Katia is known for her stunning and unique styling. In live workshops and through video instruction, Katia works to empower each dancer to become her most creative and realize her full artistic potential.
In Stage Dynamics, Katia shares some of the professional techniques that give a dancer real polish and finesse. In this video, you will learn an original choreography, explore tools for creating dynamic dances, the powerful use of stage space, seamless transitions, unity and variety, and how to direct the audience's eye.
There is also a dazzling performance by Katia!
Approx. running time: 94 minutes.